"Bright and refreshing, with grapefruit and green apple flavors. A hint of green pepper enlivens the finish. Drink now. 56,000 cases made. –HS " (WS)
This Sauvignon Blanc from our Horse Heaven Vineyard is a crisp, racy style of Sauvignon Blanc with citrus characteristics. We use partial stainless steel fermentation to preserve the Sauvignon Blanc’s pure, fresh, vibrant character.
V I N T A G E:
• The 2015 vintage was one of the warmest growing seasons on
record in Washington state.
• Warm temperatures continued through the spring and summer,
moderating slightly into fall and extending an early harvest.
• Overall, 2015 saw optimal ripening across varieties and yielded
outstanding wines throughout the region.
V I N E Y A R D:
• Horse Heaven Vineyard is located in the Horse Heaven Hills AVA
and adjacent to the Columbia River in Paterson, Washington.
• Planted in the 1970s, this is a moderately warm site, tempered by
the Columbia River.
• This vineyard is characterized by gentle south facing slopes, sandy
loam soil and a long growing season.
W I N E M A K I N G:
• Yeasts specifically designated for Sauvignon Blanc were used to
initiate the three-week fermentation and release varietal aromas.
• 68% stainless steel fermented to preserve Sauvignon Blanc’s
fresh, vibrant fruit character.
• 32% barrel fermented for slight spice and texture in older French oak.
• Sur lie aged for four months for enhanced complexity and structure.
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.
Printer friendly version.