EXTREMELY RARE AND DIFFICULT TO GET!!
"Deep ruby. Assertive, mineral- and spice-accented aromas of black and blue fruit, candied flowers and licorice, accented by slowly building smoky notes. Sappy, focused and pure, offering intense blackberry and boysenberry flavors that put on weight and become spicier with aeration. Shows outstanding vivacity and power on the penetrating finish, which features building tannins and an emphatic mineral quality." (VM)
VITICULTURE / VINIFICATION
• Farms organically, working steep, terraced vineyards all by hand (no tractor!)
• Dense plantings naturally reduce yields (< 30 hectoliters per hectare)
• All wines are fermented in stainless steel and open-top wooden vats
• Stems left on cluster during fermentation
• Punch-downs by foot
• All wines are vinified separately
• Wines aged in foudres and barriques for 24 months before final blending and bottling
• Finished wines are bottled unfined and unfiltered
• Very low doses of sulfur, sometimes none at all
Cornas “Les Chaillots”:
• Cuvée made up of all younger vines
For more information, please visit this product's webpage.
Printer friendly version.